Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays

So by the calender it's been about a month since I have logged in and actually posted something. Don't get me wrong life still goes on and there were probably a dozen things I could have blogged about. But with 3 little ones and the feeling of no time to do anything, much less catch up and find the time to type something out....

Here we are into the Holiday Season. Christmas is just 2 day from now, am I ready, not quite. I have a bit more shopping to do and hope to do that tomorrow. Normally this doesn't happen to me, I am down to the wire this year and things just haven't gone smoothly to get all the shopping done. Oh well it will all happen and if it doesn't the kids won't even know. It's great to have little kids. I know it won't last for ever though. Usually by this time my Christmas letter is sent and being received by the recipients already. Not this year, as with other things I just have not had the time, I've thought about it on several occasions and just not been able to sit down and do the typing. Pictures are finally taken of Buddy and Bubba for their yearly photos, only 5 months later than planned but life with an infant is hectic, especially since I went back to work a week after he was born and all summer we have meetings and events to attend. And summer to enjoy.

Some major accomplishments have occurred in our household this past month. We traveled to Papa and Grandma's house for Thanksgiving. You know you plan and write a list and hope you don't forget anything. Well this year we left Buddy's dear beloved binkie at home. Not on purpose, it just happened. I dreaded the night we arrived, but to my surprise Buddy did very well actually and we are now binkie free!!! Also Buddy is now for the most part day potty trained, we are having poop issues, but I remember the same with Bean. I never thought I would see the day when diapers would finally be a thing of the past for Buddy. I see the end in site!!! Not getting to overly excited . . . yet, we still have our days.

Bean is still enjoying preschool, she had her last class of the year on Monday. They had a Christmas party and she brought home a cute puzzle from her classmate. She had her first Holiday Concert on Dec 4th, were they sang with the K thru 3rd graders. Mom dropped the ball that night and sent her to the concert with a t-shirt on (yes I should know better, as I had concert after concert when in school). I felt awful, but not much I could do at the point I realized. Believe you me, it won't happen again!!! She did excellent at the concert. Last Sunday the 21st was her first Christmas program with the church Sunday School and also did great.

Bubba had his 6 month appointment on Nov 17th and is doing well. He weighed in at 18.1 pounds, he is starting to wear 12 month clothes. He is also able to sit on his own for short periods of time and loves to stand with help and loves to screech and babble.

We've had plenty of snow and forecast show more to come, Welcome to winter in the Midwest!! Even though it isn't quite the New Year, I have a resolution and that is to be a better blogger and at least keep it up to date every week. Wish me luck!!

No comments: