Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Tough to Let go

As I am picking up the 3 munchkins, our dcp (daycare provider) informed me that Little Buddy went with out his beloved binkie all day. Now just to clarify for those that don't know he only uses it at nap time and bed time other wise it is put away. Anyway, thinking this is a step in the right direction, we talked about giving it up and being a "Big Boy" Bean also helped try to drive the point home. Letting Buddy know that if he gave it up the 'Binkie Fairy' would bring him a present. The 'Binkie Fairy' obliged Bean when she threw hers away with a DVD.

So the night continues and things are going well and I figure, might as well give it a try what can we lose. Well sleep for one, but sleep is over rated right now. LOL!!

So off to bed we go and Buddy plays his game of up and down the stairs, but doesn't mention the binkie, he didn't even ask for it when I put him to bed. After a few hauls up the stairs, I reinforce the idea of a present if he makes it through the night with out the beloved binkie, he seemed excited about the idea of his reward and for a while I was feeling that this might be the night. We made it about an hour and then he broke down and started crying. But as to not discourage the moment, I told him how proud I was of him and that it was okay to have the binkie and that we would try again another day.

No comments: