Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Long over due Halloween Pictures

So here are some long over due pictures of the children. Bean as "Princess Alexa," Little Buddy as "Spiderman" and Bubba as the traditional "Tigger" Aren't they all cute, to bad Bubba wouldn't look at the camera.
Halloween night was not without the drama on our street. I sent daddy out with the 2 older monsters to scare up some candy, figuring Bubba would need me the moment I stepped out the door. So he and I handed out candy to the other children of the town. Much to my surprise in walks a crying princess and coughing super hero and a frustrated dad.

What happened, apparently Bean decided after 3 houses she wanted mommy. What??!?! The girl who has been talking about Trick or Treating for I kid you not at least a month, if not more. Wants mom rather than go out and collect candy. She offs her shoes in a huff and storms to the couch. After a bit of calming down, I decide to try my hand at it. With cell phone in pocket ready to head for home at a moments notice for Bubba, I head out the door to try to salvage the what is suppose to be a fun night for my little Trick or Treaters.

Up to the first house and Bean refuses to come near the door. Okay fine, I explain if you don't want to enjoy the fun of Trick or Treating than we will go home and not go to the party that was going on at the Community Center. After a little more encouragement Bean decides to make the most of it and we have a good time making memories. They were troopers, especially with the cold air that night. But I do have to say, please do not tell a 2, 3, 4 even 5 or 6 year old to help themselves as you hold out your candy dish. They do not know what to do. Ugh!!! Seems like that sort of thing is the norm around here.

No comments: